It’s hard to find someone who doesn’t enjoy movies but some people don’t always think about the crucial role of the soundtrack. In this podcast episode, Martin is inspired by a noisy neighbour and a fellow Micro.blog user to discuss one of his favourite movie soundtracks and what makes it stand out from others, even years after it was released.
- The original post about what happened in Martin’s lounge room
- Fellow Micro.blog user Andrew Canion—who suggested this audio rumination—on the Micro Monday podcast, which highlights various users of the service and how they blog
- Almost 20: The Matrix on Lounge Ruminator
- An example of music from The Matrix (on Apple Music)
- Filmtracks review of the soundtrack from The Matrix
- Atonality on Wikipedia
- Here are more cool soundtracks to sample (on Apple Music): Inception and Interstellar by Hans Zimmer; Never Look Away and Ad Astra by Max Richter; and Blade Runner by Vangelis.