At first, the idea of including such a page as this seemed odd to me when I saw others do it… then I thought, ‘Why not?’. We all use different tools and services and it’s good to share knowledge. Below are lists that show what I use in writing, photography and editing for Lounge Ruminator.
- iPhone 7 Plus: yes, there are newer iPhones than this model, but with its dual-camera set-up and fast processor, it continues to serve me well.
- iPad Pro 10.5-inch: this has really become my main (daily) computer and the Smart Keyboard and Apple Pencil (first gen.) are fantastic accessories.
- Mac mini (2014): this has been quite the derided computer in the Apple pro(sumer) sphere, as the company removed the quad-core option at the time of its release, but I love it and have found it to be very versatile.
- Canon 500D: I received this as a gift back in 2009 and continue to be amazed at some of the shots that it produces, even with an amateur like myself behind the lens.
- Ulysses: whether on my iPad Pro or Mac mini, Ulysses offers a great, minimalist writing environment with a dark interface and brilliant organisational features. Not to mention, it also connects to WordPress so that I can write in the app and then publish online.
- WordPress: the iOS client for WordPress is great for making changes to themes, pages and images. In my case, it’s useful for tracking stats or fixing things after publication.
- Linea Sketch: I am by no means an artist but I do find it fun to make simple sketches. Having this app on my iPad Pro means that I can whip something up quickly, even as a novice.
- Affinity Photo: whenever I need to do things beyond the default Photos app on iOS, I love to use this app.