In this episode, I offer a quick critique on Apple’s power as a ‘vectoralist’ of information, drawing on Kara Swisher’s recent interview of CEO Tim Cook and the work of scholar McKenzie Wark.
Other Ways to Listen
Links and Show Notes
- Hmmmm… that was a longer gap between episodes than I had planned!
Apple as Vectoralist 00:47
- ‘Is Apple’s Privacy Push Facebook’s Existential Threat?’ on Sway with Kara Swisher — New York Times
- Apple‘s dedicated site for data and privacy
- ‘How Apple’s new App Tracking Transparency policy works’ — Ars Technica
- ‘The Tim Cook Interview’ on Dithering — Twitter video excerpt
- ‘Curation‘ definitions at Lexico (Oxford English Dictionary)
- McKenzie Wark
- Capital Is Dead: Is this Something Worse? (2019) by McKenzie Wark — Verso (links to book and explanatory clips)
- Means of production
- Rupert Murdoch