Following a research rumination, I consider the power of visual media that—due to either technological limitations or intentional creative decisions—omit speech. With two specific examples, I discuss how this can enhance or hinder character development and accessibility.
- Day, L., Cunsolo, A., Castleden, H., Martin, D., Hart, C., Anaviapik-Soucie, T., Russell, G., Paul, C., Dewey, C. and Harper, S.L., 2017, ‘The Expanding Digital Media Landscape of Qualitative and Decolonizing Research: Examining Collaborative Podcasting as a Research Method’, in MediaTropes eJournal, Vol. 7, No. 1., pp. 203–228.
- Day et al.’s (2017, p. 209) collaborative podcasting steps
- Palace Cinemas in Australia
- The Chauvel Cinema in Paddington, Sydney
- KinoKonzert No. 8 (Prince Achmed) at Goethe-Institut
- The Adventures of Prince Achmed on Wikipedia
- The Adventures of Prince Achmed on iMDb
- KinoKonzert: ‘The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari’
- The Wrong Trousers on Wikipedia
- The Wrong Trousers on iMDb
- Aardman Animations